Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Did you go for a walk today?

My husband often asks me the question, "Did you go for a walk today?" Why? Because he hates me? Ha, no, but to encourage me because sometimes I get so busy and forget to go for a walk which I really need to do. Today, I took a walk without being reminded, Praise the Lord! But the thought came to me as I was walking, "Am I walking where Jesus walked?" Jesus walked through the country-side primarily to get from one place to another, but I think secondarily so that He could enjoy the fresh air, the warm sunshine, and to exercise His muscles to build strength. Exercising outdoors is a stress reliever, too. And though Jesus lived as we do but without sin, He still was under a lot of stress and needed to keep His mind balanced and healthy to meet life's battles.

There are times in the past where I have walked to places where I would not be able to answer Yes! to "Am I walking where Jesus walked?" I really don't like to think of those circumstances now. For instance, when was the last time you walked MORE THAN ONCE to the dessert counter at church potluck? When was the last time you forgot to walk to return a book you have borrowed? When was the last time you forgot to walk to the telephone and call your ill mother? When was the last time you forgot to do anything you know you should have done? The list goes on and on.

Now let's answer the question from yesterday.... Should a Christian keep all Ten Commandments that were given to Israel? Which one should a Christian not keep? If we are walking today where Jesus walked, we have to admit that He walked in all the Law of His Father and kept the Ten Commandments. Why? Jesus knew that we needed His example of what it means to love God and keep His commandments. It was because Jesus loved His Father, and knew the commandments were given for the best good always, not just to Israel, but to the whole human race. As a human being, He kept all His Father's commandments. Read John 15:10.


Now here are some Bible verses to read:

1Pe 2:21-25 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

God bless and have a good day walking where Jesus walked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some good thoughts. How about not only not walking where Jesus didn't walk but walking where he did.